[WBEL-devel] md5sums and corrupt bt's

Paul Gray gray@cns.uni.edu
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:01:05 -0600 (CST)

This is a follow-up to the posts to -devel and -user on the 19th.

The iso images in the bittorrent stream that are actively being tapped
into are corrupt.  The third disk is shorted, and when burned this can be
seen by trying, for example, to address the RedHat/RPMS/zsh package.

For me, this is a "Very Bad Thing(tm)" because I'm attempting to see if
WhiteBox is appropriate for being the host system for OSCAR (Open
Source Cluster Application Resources).  The OSCAR installation process
requires ALL rpms from all installation disks to be copied into a
directory for building and tftp-booting the client nodes.  OSCAR will fail
if some rpms are missing; and some are, and it does.

The correct bt stream was obtained this morning from:
http://www.linuxlobbyist.net/torrents/final-bins-fixed.torrent
(advice gleened from -user list)

Even through yesterday, I was getting (and hence giving)  bad juice from:
http://whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-final-bins-fixed.torrent

Could the base torrent image be addressed?  Thanks.

You can recover the missing data from the corrupt image by pointing your
torrent to the uncorrupted archive...there's only a small amount of data
that needs to be integrated (i.e., you don't need to download all three
images again from scratch).

Paul Gray                                         -o)
323 Wright Hall                                   /\\
University of Northern Iowa                      _\_V
  Message void if penguin violated ...  Don't mess with the penguin
  No one ever says "Hey, I can't read that ASCII e-mail ya sent me."