[WBEL-devel] were these RPMs pulled from RHAS3?

John Hinton webmaster@ew3d.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:31:05 -0500

John Morris wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Josh Hildebrand wrote:
>

>>Hey, so I'm using one of my favorite kickstarts from my RH9 machine..  I
>>copied in it's package list and some pretty crucial (to me) RPMS seem to be
>>missing from WB..  things like:
>>
>>lynx
>>tripwire
>>ncftp
>>perl-RPM2
>>perl-Crypt-SSLeay
>>

>Yup, RHEL3 doesn't include those, even though lynx is a build requirement.
>So lynx is on CD1 in the lostRPMS directory but the others you have to
>being in from elsewhere.

WOW!!! What an oversight for the webmasters among us! No ncftp???
Whadupwidat? One of my most used tools and ncftpget is unique to my
knowledge? Sadly, this seems to be yet another tidbit of a move by
RedHat which I don't care for. Seems with all the forced package
installs, a bit bloated, and no real good fanancial solution for
webservers... Maybe they don't want no stinkin' webservers running RedHat?

Best,
John Hinton