[WBEL-devel] Wrong checksum in sources disc1 - mirror ftp.esat.net

Jamey Fletcher jamey@beau.org
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 16:30:28 -0600

Marco Fais wrote:
> At 05.18 25/12/2003, you wrote:

>> I doubt it.  When I tried to use BitTorrent to get the Source RPMs the
>> first disc was the ONLY disc to check right against the web site and pass
>> an "rpm -K" check.

> So, just a silly bit of difference! I strongly suspect bad RAM in some
> equipment between the original source and the mirrors... also seeing
> what happened to the other images... but you know, maybe it's a totally
> different problem.

Ok, (and this is in reply to John's list of to-dos...)

One of the problems with the BitTorrents at least has been tracked down
- and it's a bit worrisome, to me - If it were actually bad RAM,
wouldn't some people be getting the *right* data?

What it appears to be now is that NFS from the machine with the ISOs on
them, to the machine running the BitTorrent tracker and seed, was hosed
in some amazing manner.

I have since put a larger hard drive in that machine, and will probably
some time this evening see if I can't get things working once more.  The
files now reside on the BitTorrent tracker/seeder machine, and I've made
multiple MD5 passes over them to make sure they got transferred via scp
properly.

Blerg.  Lots of blerg here.

I'm going to see about getting the BitTorrent working again today.