[WBEL-devel] Boot Image Manipulation Tool - bootcrack

Charles Lacour clacour@clacour.com
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:03:06 -0600

On Friday 26 December 2003 10:37, Lynn, Michael (IDS DM&DS) wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I maintain a customized version of RHEL for my company and I've written a
> script that greatly simplifies the process of modifying boot images
> (bootnet.img, boot.img, cdboot.img, etc).  I figured you folks may find
> something like this useful.

Yes, I'd definitely encourage you to get this out there. In addition to
projects like this, projects like Morphix would definitely benefit from it.

Another thing it would help is answering "newbie" questions for people who are
trying to make their own bootable CD-ROM. Those questions are always hard to
answer, not because it's difficult, but because the answer is so long.

Something like your script takes a lot of the dirty work out of it, and makes
the whole process easier to explain.