[WBEL-devel] Self Intro and some legal food for thought

Tony tony@instaview.com
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:18:35 -0500

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that there were a few
non GPL'd items in RH. Those would still fall under 'unable to use',
however
I also agree with your point that *if* someone released the GPL
components
we aren't not tied to any license, and it would be free to use.

RH also might have a copyright on the actual ISO images.. much as Theo
does with OBSD.. That could prove problematic in your scenario as well,
in the
'free to use RHAS' idea...

( IANAL either, but I do follow this sort of thing, and always come up
with loopholes for BOTH sides, but in the end, its always the Judge's
opinion that matters, not ours )