[WBEL-devel] About IBM JAVA

donavan nelson donavan@4wx.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:08:07 -0600

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:50:14 -0600 (CST), John Morris wrote
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Josep M. wrote:
>
> > You can downlaod JAVA from IBM,these are free packages:
> > If anyone is interessed in the URL I can look tomorrow,I have in my
> > laptop,just lazyness for go to my car now.
>
> How free?  The Sun packages have redistribution restrictions.

I just logged into my IBM support account and tried to download the JDK
(theirs).  It has a section on the form for redistribution.  It sure looks
promising.  But I wonder why RH is putting it on another disk.  It's not a
disk space issue.  Disk 4 of the RHEL distribution doesn't have but a couple
hundred megs on it.

BTW John, I have several private emails into...are you focusing on the list
right now?

.dn