[WBEL-devel] Availability of Whitebox Linux on 64bit processors

Pasi Pirhonen upi@iki.fi
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 04:37:10 +0300

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 09:32:15PM +0200, Milan Ker¨láger wrote:

> Pasi Pirhonen (the author) moved to Tao Linux because nobody at beau.org
> cared about his work. He made IA64 port too (and s390 too), see the
> primary site of RC1:

It's a bit harash to express it as 'nobody cared', but it sums it up
clearly. Meaning that i have nothing against people at beau.org, but
the problem seem to be that i don't work there.

Things went as it went and the reality is that the work is done 'under
Tao Linux flag now'.

I am not trying to get 'free advertizing space' while i do still
ocassionally write to whitebox lists. I am trying to keep scores right.

> ftp://ftp.vslib.cz/pub/mirrors/whiteboxlinux.org/people/pasi.pirhonen/
>
> Because of binary compatibility I suggest to use Tao with final
> versions of AMD64, IA64 and S390 from Pasi at:
>
> http://taolinux.org

One correction 'the upcoming ia64 release'. I've been lazy with it :)

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi@iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/