[WBEL-devel] problem with apache server in WhiteBox

Casper Pedersen cpedersen@c-note.dk
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:53:06 +0200

--=-pkkQ6EKzau9p6+4rhlq5

Roger,

You do not mention which version of Horde you're running, also how many
users do you have on the system.

There are (have been) some issues with PHP and Apache2, I do not know if
this could be the reason for the problem you're seeing.

But first beef up the maxclients statement in httpd.conf to allow more
concurrent connections to apache - which might solve the issue.=20

As Apache is compiles with the prefork module you will have to modify it
in:
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   20
MaxClients       150 -> to something reasonable
MaxRequestsPerChild  1000
</IfModule>

Also it could be a problem in Horde.....

Regards/Casper