[WBEL-devel] problem with apache server in WhiteBox

Roger Peņa Escobio roger@infomed.sld.cu
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:15:14 -0500

Mensaje citado por Casper Pedersen <cpedersen@c-note.dk>:

> Roger,
>
> You do not mention which version of Horde you're running, also how many
> users do you have on the system.
>
> There are (have been) some issues with PHP and Apache2, I do not know if
> this could be the reason for the problem you're seeing.

maybe is that combination

but, let me try to explain the problem step by step:

1- the system runing great, serving pages to our users, and allowing to send more than
6000 mail per day

2- our imap server make a kernel panic, or what ever reason to going down,

3- the apache+php+IMP are unavalaible to contact the imap server

4- the apache server complain about "server reached MaxClients setting,...."

5- the imap server come to live after a restart or a reboot

6- the apache+php+IMP combination didn't recover from step 4, we have to make a apache
restart in order to get it back

so, incresing the MaxClients number will not do anything usefull here :-(

is this a apache bug, a php bug or an Horde/IMP bug

i dint have this problem with an up2date rh-7.2, with the same Horde/IMP version than
i'm using now (i just copy a Horde tree from the rh-7.2 to the new WB server)
ok, sometimes i reach the limits with rh-7.2 but apache recover by it seft

so, i'm tented to think that it is a apache+php problem, what do you think?

does any body have a similar problem with WB ?

thanks
roger
Nodo central de la red Infomed                 (http://www.sld.cu)
Usuario linux: 97152                           (http://counter.li.org)
Miembro del grupo de coordinacion de LinuxCuba (http://www.linux.cu)

Este mensaje fue enviado usando el servicio de correo en web de Infomed
http://webmail.sld.cu