[WBEL-devel] Availability of Whitebox Linux on 64bit processors

Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:34:33 -0600

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:57, Milan Keršláger wrote:
> The respect shuld be on both sides. There is no word about what RC1 for
> AMD64 and IA64 is at Whitebox site. There is no word about the author
> (Pasi Pirhonen). And Pasi waited about two months to see his hard work
> at Whitebox site (even there was some messages about this in the list).
> Maybe this is correct that they downloaded ISOs this way but I don't
> think so.
>
> I see no reason why not to tell that it is useless to use RC1 from
> Whitebox site and I see no reason why not to tell that I have current
> updates in my repository for AMD and that Whitebox site has none.

There is absolutely no problem in saying that the person who was doing
Whitebox X64_86 RC1 has moved to the Tao Linux project.  In fact, that
is good information for someone who wants to run a RHEL rebuild on an
X86_64 or S390 machine.  I've got no problem with your saying it.  In
fact, I was going to say it myself.

> If you dislike this (and the sentence with suggestion to use Tao),
> please blacklist me.
>
> The WhiteBox is not the best same way like Tao, like RHEL and like
> anything else (this is the reason we have multiple distributions). I use
> Whitebox because I don't want to migrate to another-same distribution
> only because I'm not satisfied with this or this. Instead of this I'm
> trying to support YOU and write exactly what I see.
>
> Maybe I'm wrong and you hate anybody who is able to write about what you
> don't want to hear.
>
> If you dislike the words 'nobody cares about AMD nad IA64 ports at
> beau.org', I don't underestand why because this is the current
> situation.
The problem is, everytime you have anything to say about John Morris, it
is negative.  That is my problem with what you said.

John is providing Whitebox as is ... if you like it, use it.  If you
don't, use Tao or Centos 3.1.  In fact, Centos 3.1 and Tao both have
more community involvement (especially Centos).  That is exactly what
you want ... I think CentOS-3.1 is a much better fit for what you expect
for a Distro...I recommend you use it.

> Anyway - this debate is totally off-topic and has nothing to do with
> technical problems so I would be glad to close this thread as you have
> nothing to tell except "I hate you because you told that noboby cares
> about XY'.

I don't hate you (or anyone else), I just wish I didn't have to read
agian and agian that you can build updates faster than Morris ... that
Morris doesn't care about anyone but himself ... that Morris doesn't
trust anyone ... etc., etc.

Some of your input is very helpful, you are very knowledgable.  I just
wish that you wouldn't attack John at every opportunity