[WBEL-devel] Availability of Whitebox Linux on 64bit processors

Milan Ker¹lįger milan.kerslager@pslib.cz
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:41:29 +0200

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 07:31:49PM +0100, Ewan Mac Mahon wrote:
> That's a very selective quote; carry on to the next few paragraphs on the
> same page and you'll find this:
>
> "What can you do to help? ....  I only speak English and only have access
> to ia32 hardware. So help with getting the other languages re-translated
> and porting to AMD64/Itanic are welcome."
>
> Only it's not is they? That text on the _front page_ of Whiteboxlinux.org
> is what made people think that their help would be welcome, and that 64
> bit ports were wanted. It's hardly surprising that people got pissed off
> when help that had been asked for was ignored or thrown back in ther face.

Pasi Pirhoned already made a job and offer it to here to anybody same
way as I (with no accept from Morris).

> > I'm doubting Beauregard has any x86_64, ia64, or s390 machines so of course
> > they don't care.
> They don't - yet. I can't find the quote right now but I do seem to
> remember John saying that he was thinking about having some AMD64s in the
> future. Besides which, the bit above that I've quoted from the web page
> shows that there is (or was) interest in things that the library doesn't
> actually need for itself.

You are complaining on the wrong place. I newer wrote that WBEL is bad.
Everytime I wrote what is not good and why.

I see no reason to bless Morris in my every mail. He did good job but
then he stopped even promised more and asked others for help. Even there
was a help from others he refused to accept it. This is at least a
"little bit" wrong and this is what you don't want to accept.

I said nothing about "Moris is *****", but only "this is not good".

You don't want to accept it like very different things.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@pslib.cz