[WBEL-devel] Testers needed

Greg Hosler Greg Hosler <whitebox@sparky.lugs.org.sg>
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:50:22 +0800 (SGT)

On 18-Apr-2004 Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates/i386/cvs-1.11.2-18.i386.rpm
>> http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates/i386/openoffice.org-1.1.0-15.EL.i
>> 386.rpm
>> http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates/i386/openoffice.org-i18n-1.1.0-15
>> .EL.i386.rpm
>> http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates/i386/openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-15
>> .EL.i386.rpm
>> http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/3.0/en/updates/i386/squid-2.5.STABLE3-5.3E.i386.
>> rpm
>
> I downloaded and installed all via:
>
> rpm -Uvh *
>
> I have tested cvs and openoffice.org.

Did the openoffice.org rpm *really* upgrade ?

I have RHEL3, and when I did the equivelent on RHEL3, the openoffice.org rpms
do NOT upgrade. The reason is simple. The package name is different from the
originally installed one. The original openoffice rpm is openoffice.#; the
errata is named openoffice.org-# -- as near as I can tell, rpm would *never*
consider openoffice.org as a candidate for openoffice, and as far as I can
see, that's why the rpm -Fvh that I did, did not update the original
openoffice's rpms.

So... I'm curious. did your openoffice.org rpm really update ?

What does the following display:

        rpm -qa "openoffice*"

best rgds,

-Greg