[WBEL-devel] White Box for IA64

Robert Kidd rkidd@crhc.uiuc.edu
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:55:12 -0500

I rolled a new set of isos based on the IA64-RC1 release mentioned last
month
(ftp://ftp.ii.uib.no/pub/janfrode/whitebox.org/people/pasi.pirhonen/
IA64-RC1/).  I added a kernel patch to allow the distribution to run on
Itanium I machines, and rolled in the first set of updated RPMs.  I've
been calling the distribution WhiteBox 3.0.1.  I'd like to post it for
general use, but I have a couple questions first:

Since Itanium I compatibility is a departure from RedHat, can this
thing be called White Box?

If so, are there objections to the version number?

Thanks
Robert Kidd
rkidd@crhc.uiuc.edu