[WBEL-devel] Testers needed

Simon J Mudd sjmudd@pobox.com
20 Apr 2004 20:06:06 +0200

jmorris@beau.org (John Morris) writes:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Greg Hosler wrote:
>
> > Did the openoffice.org rpm *really* upgrade ?
>
> Oh crud.  I know I didn't notice the name change.  The change extends down
> to the rpm package name inside the .spec, probably a trademark issue since
> OO.o insists that the program must NEVER be referred to as simply
> OpenOffice but that the .org be included.  Would be funny if RedHat got a
> C&D letter.
>
> Don't know how this one can be worked around, manual intervention is just
> going to be required.  Better post something on the webpage and in the
> errata notice when I send that out in a bit.

Perhaps you can create an empty openoffice (wrapper) package which
requires openoffice.org.

upgrading openoffice (wrapper) and fulfilling dependencies will
perform the required upgrade which leaves an empty package with the
original name which can be deleted later.

Just put in the rpm -qi output what the package is for and that it is
only required for the upgrade from the previous version.

Simon