[WBEL-devel] Re: How to rebuild

Joshua Weage weage98@yahoo.com
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:18:18 -0700 (PDT)

I just rebuilt respin1 to fix the kickstart problem with e1000
interfaces.  You don't need to "rebuild" comps.xml.  If you want to add
packages, or change what packages are installed with a "Server" or
"Workstation" install, you can customize the comps.xml file.

For rpmdb-whitebox, there is a .src.rpm in the SRPMS directory.
Install this, then just build the spec file in /usr/src/redhat/SPEC,
after modifying the spec file to point to your new distribution tree.

See this page for more details about the rpmdb rebuild:

http://www2.uibk.ac.at/zid/software/unix/linux/rhel-rebuild.htm

I had to build the rpmdb rpm twice.  After building it once, copy the
resulting rpm into your RedHat/RPMS directory, then build it again and
overwrite the first rpm with the second.

Josh

=====