[WBEL-devel] Re: error building the comps src rpm

L. Jankok lj@2u2.nu
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:50:19 +0100

To answer my own questions

01) --target=i686 is indeed needed.. the kernel, openssl, glib..
    can be optimized like that with the redhat distro

02) rpm --bb --quiet --target=i386 --define "basedir ${BASE}/mnt/cdrom/RedHat/base" \
    --define "compsversion 3" /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/comps-redhat.spec

greetings,

Lucio

On  0, "L. Jankok" <lj@2u2.nu> wrote:
:Hi,
:
:I was able to build almost the complete set of update src rpms released
:by redhat for rhel. Only the comps file give me an error and the kernel
:src rpm will build the source, doc, kernel boot and modules rpm but not
:the kernel itself.
:rpmbuild --rebuild kernelxx.src.rpm doesn't build the kernel itself but all
:the other rpms around it.. do I have to give --target=i686 ?
:rpmbuild --rebuild compsxx.src.rpm will exit almost immediately complaining
:abou a non existing directory.
:I hope you guys can shed some light on this.
:
:regards,
:
:Lucio