[WBEL-devel] Choosing a RHEL rebuild project

Jamey Fletcher jamey@odin.library.beau.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:52:57 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Hedemark, Magnus wrote:

> Orlando Rubino Gala [mailto:rubino@uo.edu.cu] said:

> > CenTOS is a toy. WhiteBoxLinux is much more serious.

> Sure, and Fidel Castro is a renowned humanitarian.

And this belongs off in alt.flame

WBEL, RBEL, and CenTOS (And Taos) are what they are.

I personally am getting less and less enchanted with the direction RedHat
is taking on their distribution - I had Enlightenment running on RH9 with
minor hair-pulling, but what worked for it is refusing to work under WBEL.
I *REALLY* hate Nautilus, and how you have an extremely limited list of
views under it...

However, on the up side, I'm having a lot of good results with apt-get and
the FreshRPMS.net stuff for RH9 on WhiteBox.

So, we'll see what shakes out - *PERSONALLY*, what *I* want, is for RH to
get its head out of its ass, and take back the segment of the market WBEL
is aiming for.

Oh, and a new hard drive for my laptop, something a bit bigger than 10Gig,
so I can try out a couple of different distros, find something a bit more
to my tastes...  Maybe Mandrake or if someone is doing a pre-compiled
Gentoo.

--
					Jamey
				      ----<--<@