[WBEL-devel] Choosing a RHEL rebuild project

Kevin Ediger kediger@licor.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 13:19:39 -0600

Simon J Mudd wrote:
> Of the 2 main contenders I see now I think that what is really needed
> is a public build script. With this we can post patches to build WBEL,
> tao or whatever, we can let others build the system (and updates as
> they appear), or we can do this ourselves.  The build script shouldn't
> need to be too big and for those who want a very close to RHEL os they
> probably don't have to worry about removing the RH license stuff as
> they are not "offering their 'home built' distribution to anyone
> else".

If anyone is interested, I have a WBEL build script (actually, a makefile).
It builds far enough to use as a network install but doesn't generate the
individual CDROM images since I always use the boot.iso CDROM or PXE and
install using NFS. I've incorporated the issues that have been discussed on
this list as far as I can tell. I don't have RHAS3, so I don't know how the
packages compare to RedHat's packages.

ftp://odyssey.licor.com/whitebox/build

The README file has additional information. I also applied the whitebox
patches to RedHat's recent updates and stored the resulting sources in the
SRPMS subdirectory.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Ediger