[WBEL-devel] Build Utils

Charles Stevenson cstevenson@atipa.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:04:05 -0500

John,

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:52:18AM -0500, John Morris wrote:
> If you want to be able to roll errata within hours of them appearing on
> redhat-announce, you need these utils.  If you want to roll an inhouse
> branch of whitebox you need these utils.  Or if you are just curious and
> or bored and want to see some cheezy shell scripts, you want this
> download!
>
> http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/whitebox-buildutils.tar.gz

Hey these are really cool! :-) Thanks for sharing. The tools I had
started using/developing about 4 years ago are available on my linux/ppc
developer site if you want to take a look. Perhaps we can combine the
ideas into a project. From my perspective it would be great to be able
to grab RHEL, White Box, whichever and patch them to have Atipa logos
and the usual changes to appease RedHat.

Here's the URL to duhbuild:

  http://penguinppc.org/~core/duhbuild/

Please don't laugh ;) I was still learning Python back then. I think I
could do much better now. I want to play with your tools some more soon
and give some feedback.

Oh and in case you're interested there's also the source code for the
installer I and a couple other friends wrote while working at Yellow Dog
Linux. Back then anaconda was IMHO pretty terrible so we created our own
clone from scratch. There's bits and pieces that are still useful even
today. Here's that URL:

  http://penguinppc.org/~core/yi-0.6.0.tar.gz
  http://penguinppc.org/~core/yi-0.6.0/

Kind Regards,