[WBEL-devel] WBEL on PPC32?

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks@mac.com
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:22:02 -0400

> Not to my knowledge. A good base would be Yellow Dog Linux since it's
> pretty much rpmbuild --rebuild of RH 9 on PowerPC.  RedHat has no desire
> to create a ppc distro due to their Intel contract  ;-)  If you need any
> help let me know I've got a year of developing YDL under my belt and an
> iBook at home running Debian.

Yeah, YDL is close, but they really don't have any great shakes support
for any PPC hardware != Macintosh.  That's why I was hoping that the
support for pSeries in RHEL AS would make a good porting base,
especially since the group here has done such an impressive job with
i386 and x86/64.

Anyone know what the future of YDL is going to be?  Fedora, I assume?

I might be able to get YDL mostly working (it doesn't support most of my
hardware) enough to start rebuilding WBEL, though.