[WBEL-devel] Re: Problem building packages.

Paul Iadonisi pri.wbel1@iadonisi.to
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:28:43 -0400

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 11:22, Ivo Tijhaar wrote:

[snip]

> The package gimp-print-4.2.4-5 is still not building after editing the spec
> file (In the spec file ijs is disabled). This is the error:
>
> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /var/tmp/gimp-print-4.2.4-buildroot
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/man/man1/ijsgimpprint.1.gz
>

> RPM build errors:
>     Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>    /usr/share/man/man1/ijsgimpprint.1.gz
>
> Any ideas?

  Yeah, for that one just use

rpmbuild --define '_unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0' --rebuild
gimp-print-4.2.4-5.src.rpm

  Remember that this just a temporary package to satisfy the ghostscript
dependency.  After you build and install the ghostscript packages, you
should be able to build the original gimp-print source rpm and install
that one.
  Note: if you didn't change the Release: tag in your modified
gimp-print.spec, then when you build and install the original
gimp-print, you will have to force the install.  I recommend this:

rpm -e --nodeps $(rpm -qa 'gimp-print*')
rpm -ivh /path/to/rpms/gimp-print-*.i386.rpm

(replacing /path/to/rpms with the real location of your newly generated
rpms, of course)