[WBEL-devel] Re: openssl security update needed

Rich McCue rmccue@law.uvic.ca
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:14:15 -0800

I guess I did this as more of an exercise to make sure that if John gets
Hit by a bus at the conference I can patch my servers. I'm going to wait until
John's patch is out to update my other servers.

Thanks again for all the hard work that John and others have put into this project.
I would like to help out, but at this point my skills in building rpms and
Making a distro are pretty minimal... But I'm learming.

I wouldn't mind being a mirror in Canada for the project... Currently I'm rsyncing
The 3.0 tree from NCSU at:  http://hobbes.law.uvic.ca/pub/whitebox/ . Not sure who to
Talk to about setting up a link on the download page.

Rich McCue
Systems Administrator
UVic Faculty of Law
www.law.uvic.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamey Fletcher [mailto:jamey@odin.library.beau.org]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 3:21 PM
To: Joe Little
Cc: Rich McCue; whitebox-devel@beau.org
Subject: Re: [WBEL-devel] Re: openssl security update needed

<snip>

Not the official word here, not that there really *is* one, but I think
most users might have concerns if the package says "WhiteBox" as the
distro, but isn't signed with the WhiteBox key...  We need to be able to
say, I think "Built For WhiteBox Linux", to differentiate those parts that
come as part of RHEL/WBEL.  Remember John's guiding principle - WhiteBox
*is* RHEL, as close as legally possible.  Just as FreshRPMs, Dag, and the
rest don't claim their packages are *part* of the distro, just that
they're *built* on or with that distro in mind.

Speaking of, I need to find and offer out the LTModem driver module John
got built for me.

--
					Jamey
				      ----<--<@