[WBEL-devel] Re: RH AS 4 -- if you want RHEL 4 Beta, grab it (and don't wait for WBEL 4 Beta)

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:49:57 -0500

From: "William Hooper" <whooperhsd2@earthlink.net>
> The RHEL 4 Beta is freely downloadable.  Why would you want to install
> Fedora Core instead of the Beta if you wanted to look at the Beta?

Okay then, let's apply that to the original question again then ...

  Why would you want to wait on WBEL 4 Beta instead of just installing
  RHEL 4 Beta now if it is freely downloadable?

I could only assume because of some distribution, trademark or updating
issue?

If so, in the absence of WBEL 4 Beta, you could install FC3.
If not, then just install RHEL 4 Beta since it is indeed freely
downloadble.

Both FC and WBEL solve the issues of distribution, trademark and
updates.  If the WBEL version is not available, and RHEL isn't an option
to you for various reasons, then consider the equivalent FC revision.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                    b.j.smith@ieee.org
Subtotal Cost of Ownership (SCO) for Windows being less than Linux