[WBEL-devel] LVM in update3

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:34:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Pavel Krebs wrote:

> LVM rpm package is broken in WBEL update3. All utilities have suffix
> .lvm1 and this is wrong. For example rc.sysinit doesn't init LVM.
>
> Problem came from lvm.spec:
> # Conditionally suffix all binaries with .lvm1 and change manual page names
> OS_VERSION=`uname -r`
> if [ "${OS_VERSION:0:3}" != 2.4 ]
> I think, buildhost is not based on 2.4 kernel...

You would be correct.  WBEL as of U2 at least (haven't tried this new
XFree & kernel version yet) didn't support the AGP gart on my Athlon64's
mobo so all I could get was a framebuffer.  Of course I shouldn't complain
too bad since the original version (the first unoffical 3.0) locked the
machine solid when X started.  x86_64 still has plenty of bleeding edges
on it.

Currently I'm running FC2 and doing the builds in a chrooted environment.
Looks like some rebooting is in my future.  :)  Been doing that all
afternoon anyway trying to get the RAID working.  Damned IDE RAID!  SCSI
"Just Works"(tm) but a couple hundred gigs of SCSI goodness is expensive
enough I had to cheap out.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!