[WBEL-devel] Re: [WBEL-users] NCSU dropped the box

Jon Lewis jlewis@lewis.org
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:50:25 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Lem Tomas wrote:

> anyone notice that NCSU removed whitebox from their list of mirrored
> OS's.  they replaced it with cAos. arg!
> As of January 1st 2005 this mirror no longer contains White Box Enterprise
> Linux please use another mirror from
> http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/download.html

This kind of sucks.  Are there other whitebox mirrors that allow rsync? If
I can get cooperation (from both ends), I'll ask management if we can
dedicate a server with at least raid1 to being a whitebox (and maybe other
things) mirror/rsync server for other mirrors.  We've got pipe (couple
hundred mbit/s to the net...and always growing).  The current
whitebox.atlantic.net does enough other things that I wouldn't feel good
about opening up an rsyncd on it.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |