[WBEL-devel] building db4-4.1.25-8.1

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Jun 20 16:29:35 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 06:13, Ivo Tijhaar wrote:
> I'm trying to rebuild db4 from source package but the building process stops
> every time with this error:
>
> checking if javac works... configure: error: The Java compiler javac failed
> (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.85250 (%build)

Yes, I know.  Been holding up pushing the U5 packages for WBEl3.  Typing
javac from the command line gives some hints that the jpackage version
of the ibm or bea JDK is needed.  So I spent most of Sunday in persuit
of that wild aquatic foul in vain.

Doesn't help, in fact as built and installed it won't even run.  It
installs a symlink pointing to a symlink to make it work with
alternatives and the ibm JDK can't run that way.  Reducing to one direct
symlink from /usr/bin to the final destination appears to produce a
working java-1.4.2-ibm install but db4 still won't build.  I think it is
wanting java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-devel.  At least that is what I will be
trying next.  If so I'll add it to the WBEL3 package set to retain a
coherent self hosting system and report the missing build dep to
bugzilla.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!