[WBEL-devel] WhiteBox 3.0-Respin2 Test release

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Tue Mar 1 20:32:16 CST 2005

Ok, here it tis.  I'm calling this one a release candidate because I
found one obvious bug as soon as they came out of the burner and
installed.  The RH Hat icon is back on both GNOME and KDE.  Grr.  If I
debugged it and started the respin over I wouldn't make it today so it
gets pushed anyway.  If it is the only defect there won't be much need
to re-download since it is a fairly small package for up2date to catch.

To make it easier to use vendor supplied driver discs the kernel has
been downrevved to 2.4.21-27 instead of the current 2.4.21-27.0.2.

As last time the tests are BT only:

3.0-Respin2-rc1 for i386:

http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-respin2-rc1-binary-i386.torrent/

3.0-Respin2-rc1 for x86_64:

http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-respin2-rc1-binary-x86_64.torrent/

3.0-Respin2-rc1 Source:

http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/liberation-respin2-rc1-source.torrent/

Each torrent is only being seeded at 40KBps from here so it might be a
mite slow until some better connected seeds appear.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!