[WBEL-devel] Announcing the availability of White Box Enterprise Linux 3.0 Respin 2

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Mar 14 15:45:09 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 15:17, William Hooper wrote:
> I'm having no luck with either i386 torrent.
>
> InvalidURL: nonnumeric port: '6969:'

My bad, got an extra : in the url.  Fixed, but it still won't do ya much
good for a couple more hours until I launch the initial seeds.  Waiting
to let the mirrors get copies first.  Btw, here is how the startup
script is set to allocate bandwidth:

i386		20KBps
x86_64		10KBps
source		10KBps
i386-DVD	40KBps
x86_64-DVD	50KBps

Once a few more seeds appear and it becomes apparent who is being
starved for bits those will get adjusted.  The initial values are based
on figuring most who have a 64bit machine will be able to use a DVD but
the i386 traffic will be more divided. However i386 usually gets a lot
of seeds, unlike x86_64.  Source gets hind teat because few bother,
especially with the modified SRPMS on binary CD1 anyway. After a few
days they are all going to get cut way back since at 130KBps there will
not be a lot of outbound left over.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!