[WBEL-devel] WBEL4 progress update

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Tue Mar 22 17:14:30 CST 2005

Hi John,

Just a couple of comments. Will you be providing/documenting the complete
"build environment" you use to make WB4?

You wrote a lot of comments about how you built WB3 but in the end there
was obviously a lot of tweaking to get out the final RPMs.

It might be nice if you also considered providing a diff of the RH SRPMS
against the ones you build (if you can not rebuild the rpm without
change).  I have a small script ftp://ftp.wl0.org/rpmdiff/rpmdiff which
makes these differences nice and easy to see. I understand that where you
provide a whitebox-something instead of a redhat-something RPM that this
may not make sense.

Finally I know of no repository / URL which mentions external RPMS which
work on RHEL3/RHEL4. It might be nice if external packages not included
with the distribution could be referenced somewhere thus making them
easier to find.  Would anyone be interested in providing this information?

Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Regards,

Simon Mudd