[WBEL-devel] php 4.4 timeline?

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Mar 27 17:19:38 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 01:16, Josh wrote:

> Just a quick silly question: is there any timeline for php >= 4.4 ?

Unless Red Hat does something that would probably get them flamed and
issues a new version for 3 or 4 I'd say never for a new version of
PHP4.   Red Hat has had a little more version churn that I'd like to see
in an 'enterprise' distribution but I doubt they are crazy enough to rev
something like php midstream and I certainly wouldn't think of trying it
on my own.

FC5 is supposed to form the basis for RHEL5 and thus WBEL5 and it skips
including a 4.x version and goes straight to 5.1.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris     This post is 100% M$Free!