[WBEL-users] CD won't boot

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:56:00 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 Fred_Smith@computrition.com wrote:

> I've just downloaded (well, late yesterday) the 3 binary CDs (bittorrent is
> great!). Validated the MD5sums, burned CD #1, tried to boot it, and nothing
> doing. Won't boot. In two different machines. The machine acts as if
> there's no CD in the CDROM drive, for booting purposes (after boot,
> whatever OS actually boots does see it there). Created a floppy from
> /images/boot.img, and it won't boot either. it starts to boot then hangs
> with a blank screen.

What sort of machines? Since nothing had changed in anaconda I didn't make
as many tests this time, but I did burn a set of cds, install and run
up2date on one machine before unleashing RC2.  I have machines the CDs
(but RH's images won't either, since they went with the isoboot scheme)
won't boot on, can't recall ever finding a machine syslinux wouldn't even
start on though.  One suspect though is the graphical bootsplash.  You
might try putting the floppy in a running machine and editing the
syslinux.cfg to remove the line that load the splash and see if it helps.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!