[WBEL-users] vsftpd

Joe Klemmer klemmerj@webtrek.com
13 Dec 2003 10:16:53 -0500

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 09:04, John Hinton wrote:

> Hmmm... thought I installed wu-ftpd on this system, but apparently not.
> Seems I think I did select ftp server or some such from the list of
> install options... anyway, I find vsftpd? Being one who has been back on
> rh7.2... what is this? Is it worth the learning curve or should I just
> go install wu-ftpd and be done with it? Opinions on this ap are welcome!
> Note, this is for a webserver/hosting machine.

	vsftpd is far superior to just about every other ftpd out.  It's
extremely secure and performs much faster than all the other ones I have
tested it against.  There's not a large learning curve, really.  I did
have to dig a bit to figure out how to do limits on bandwidth usage with
it but that was really more related to trying to figure out cbq.  Most
high-volume ftp sites are running it.

--
Joe "Kuramarujo" Klemmer | Current ranking: Maegashira 4
Hoping to make Cyber-Ozeki someday but likely not to get beyond Juryo.