[WBEL-users] bug: wb-final redhat

David Jao djao@dominia.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:55:19 -0800

I don't think that time.nist.gov is a good idea. The NTP server page at
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/clock1a.html says:

US CO time.nist.gov (192.43.244.18)
Location: National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado
Geographic Coordinates: 39:58:43.44N 254:43:32.5E +1840m (WGS 84)
Synchronization: ACTS dial-up with NTP backup, DEC Alpha UNIX Service
Area: NSFnet, WESTnet
Access Policy: open to stratum-2 servers and others by arrangement

which from the last line doesn't sound like they intend it to be a
totally public server.

There are plenty of open access servers on that NTP page, including the
"big navy ones", but even those servers usually have some sort of
geographic service area restriction. I can't immediately find any
servers that would obviously be a better choice than redhat's.

-David