[WBEL-users] Patches question

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner@NASA.gov
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:20:58 -0500

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 15:12, John Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Philip R. Schaffner wrote:
>
> > Just do yum upgrade as root, although I wonder if /etc/yum.conf should
> > include references to mirrors rather than just the main site.
>
> Yes, I saw stuff in the source to do round robin between a list of sites,
> just haven't taken the time to work out the config.  Especially since
> up2date doesn't appear to even touch the actual yum config file.  :(

Sad but true.  As an old command-line guy, I like to use yum (or apt)
but that's a religious issue. ;^)  Below is a sample /etc/yum.conf that
will fail over to later servers in the list if it encounters problems
with the earlier ones.  Entries after the first must be preceded by
whitespace - tab or space[s].

------------------------------ - cut - ---------------------------------
#/etc/yum.conf
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=whitebox-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[base]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://radar0.larc.nasa.gov/whitebox/$releasever/en/os/$basearch
	ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whitebox.org/3.0/en/os/i386/
	ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/$releasever/en/os/$basearch
	http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/$releasever/en/os/$basearch

[updates-released]
name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://radar0.larc.nasa.gov/whitebox/$releasever/en/updates/
	ftp://mirror.physics.ncsu.edu/pub/whitebox/$releasever/en/updates/
	ftp://ftp.esat.net/mirrors/whitebox.org/$releasever/en/updates/
	http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/$releasever/en/updates/

#[updates-testing]
#name=White Box Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://whiteboxlinux.org/pub/$releasever/en/os/testing/

up2date can also have multiple active entries, but if there's a way to
have it query only particular entries in priority order, I have not yet
discovered it.

Thanks for the great work!

Phil Schaffner
--
Philip R. Schaffner, Aerospace Technologist
Airborne Systems Competency, Sensors Research Branch