[WBEL-users] 3.0 or 3a?

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:43:59 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, W. Chris Shank wrote:

> What's the difference between 3.0 and 3a? what is "fixed" in fixed
> version? I didn't have any problems with WHEL 3 so far?

glibc and ntpl-devel for the i686 were missing due to a 'general stupidity
fault' on my part.  Other than adding those two packages and updating
rpmdb and comps accordingly there are no differences.  If you aren't
noticing any performance hit from the i586 glibc don't worry about it,
otherwide grab those packages and upgrade.

You will need to add the -force switch to get rpm to install the same
version of the packages.  It probably should actually take the platform
into account but oh well.  :)

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!