[WBEL-users] FTP updates

John Morris jmorris@beau.org
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:08:47 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, David Gonzalez Romero wrote:

> I need to know the URL (http or ftp) when i find the updates for WBEL.

Pick a mirror and look at /pub/whitebox/3.0-RC1/en/upgrade.

Grab everything there and then read the README file therein.

That will upgrade you to RC2, then do the same from
/pub/whitebox/3.0-RC2/en/upgrade

> I test the WBEL 3.0rc1... is nice, but i have some question about this...
> 1- WBEL is mantinance from the comunity, but i can update my systema
> WBEL from RedHat EL Update for 3.0 version?

No.  Besides running into trademark issues you may have problems from
other subtle differences.  Besides, there are NO legal methods of
obtaining the binary errata form RHEL3 outside of an RHN subscription.
For that reason alone I must recommend against any such attempt.

> 2- I can upgrade for WBEL 3.0 from my WBEL 3.0rc1 used up2date or yum?

In theory you should be able to just install yum, put in the 3.0
repository and go.  But a few packages have the same version number
because they had minor build problems and I didn't bump the version or
fork out a WB version number.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!