[WBEL-users] Force FSCK every reboot

Joshua Zukerman zukerman@airolink.net
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 17:12:57 -0400

One way I know is to set up autofsck to check the partitions after a bad
shutdown.
To do this, edit /etc/sysconfig/autofsck (create the file if it is not
there) and put this in the contents:
AUTOFSCK_DEF_CHECK=yes

As I said before, this will only check the partitions on boot after a bad
shutdown (ie the drives were not unmounted properly).
Probably not what you are looking for, but a good start.

Josh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mickael Maddison" <mike@kamloopsbc.com>
To: "whitebox-users" <whitebox-users@beau.org>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 3:34 PM
Subject: [WBEL-users] Force FSCK every reboot

> Hello whitebox-users,
>
> I'm wondering... how can I force WBEL to automatically run FSCK -y on ALL
hard-disk partitions upon reboot (whether soft or hard).

> I currently have the ability to remotely cycle the power to a machine, but
don't have remote KVM yet.  So I want to avoid the possibility of a machine
sitting waiting for me to enter the root password to fsck the machine... I
would much rather have that done automatically on ANY reboot, so that if I
have to cycle the power, I know the chances of the machine coming to
'online' status are much greater.