[WBEL-users] Whitebox and sendmail.

Denis Croombs denis@just-servers.co.uk
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:01:48 +0100

I am trying to get Sendmail to SMTP Auth, I have removed the dnl from the
lines listed below as I have done on all old versions of Redhat, but on
Redhat ES3.0 and Whitebox, the outlook and outlook express uses get asked
for the login name and password and it will not accept the password and in
the file /var/log/maillog in the entry showing the user using the pop
account with no problems using the same login name and password.

Mar 27 19:51:38 localhost ipop3d[28324]: Logout user=denis
host=xxx.xxx.cable.ntl.com [213.xxx.xxx.xxx] nmsgs=0 ndele=0
Mar 27 19:52:54 localhost sendmail[28325]: i2RJqr0e028325:
ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<Denis@xxxxxx.net>, relay=xxx.xxx.cable.ntl.com
[213.xxx.xxx.xxx], reject=550 5.7.1 <Denis@xxxxxx.net>... Relaying denied.
Proper authentication required.

define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl

I have checked and they do not have secure password authentication on.

Any clues  as it is driving me round the bend and I am sure it is something
I have just not done.

Denis

believed to be clean.

Marvin the E-Mail scanner