[WBEL-users] RPM Gui?

Eric B. ebenze@hotmail.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:54:42 -0400

> Eric B. said:
>
> > Also, this is something that has been haunting me for a while; when
> > installing something using the RPM manager, is there a way to tell it to
> > a)
> > verify all dependencies and
>
> I'm not sure what you are talking about here.  RPM's job is to verify that
> you have the dependencies needed.
>
> > b) download all missing dependencies?  I am
> > tired of always having to do the dependency downloads by hand....
>
> That's what up2date and yum are for.

Can up2date and/or yum be used to install a specific RPM pkg?  From my
understanding yum or up2date are used to make sure you have the latest RPMs
installed on you machine.  But if I want to install a new RPM app, can I use
yum to install it and have it d/l all necessary dependencies for it
automatically?  If not, is there something else out there that will allow me
to do this?

Thanks!

Eric