[WBEL-users] WhiteBox in a cluster? How?

Eric B. ebenze@hotmail.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:03:17 -0400

>From my understanding, a Beowolf is a cluster for high-speed massive
parallel number crunching.  From what I can tell the openmosix project is a
good option for this kind of cluster as well.

Right now, I'm actually looking for a reliability cluster; something that
will give me constant uptime for my web server, db server, mail server, dns
server, etc...  I need something that will do auto-failover in case of a
hardware or software failure on any particular machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eric

"Will Senn" <will_senn@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Eric,
>
> I recently went through wolfing up on whitebox and it worked. I found
> Kurt Swendson's Wolf Up article helpful:
> http://lam32767.tripod.com/
>
> Later,
>
> Will
>
> Eric B. wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I was wondering if anyone has gotten WhiteBox to work in a cluster
> >environment.  I am looking to see what the best solution to use would be.
> >
> >I've done some research, but am not sure what solution to head towards.
> >There's LVS, UltraMonkey (which uses LVS, I believe so I'm not quite sure
> >what the difference is there), and there is something that RedHat calls
its
> >clustering Pkg, but can't seem to find any references to that in the
> >WhiteBox distrib.
> >
> >Any ideas what would be the most compatible with the WhiteBox distrib?
Has