[WBEL-users] Errors mounting raid device

Simone simone72@email.it
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 20:15:47 +0200

Thanks for your replies on this post and the kernel 2.6 post. I am actually
performing a backup on tape, and a backup on another hard disk (just to be
sure....or as sure as possible...). Right now all backups are full, cause
I've not yet managed to use tar with nst0 to perform an incremental backup
(my idea was a full on friday night, and incremental monday-thursday). The
amount of data is around 35Gb, and I'm using Surestore40, so one tape should
be enough for a full.

Thanks everyone for the help you gave me in building my first
samba-fileserver.

Simone

Glad Påsk / Happy easter / Buona Pasqua

"Bill Davidsen" <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote in message
> Tim Moore wrote:
> > Yes, software RAID is much easierafter the first time :)
> >
> > As for backup I use rsync to disks on a separate machine.  I will never
>
> This is good for non-critical data, and very convenient.
>
> For anything critical or large you still need backup to media and
> off-site storage, of course.
>
> --
>     -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
> "The secret to procrastination is to put things off until the
>   last possible moment - but no longer"  -me

---