[WBEL-users] Cryptoloop in stock WBEL kernel? Average time for security updates to get available?

Jan-Albert van Ree javanree@vanree.net
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:17:25 +0200

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 03:08:24PM +0300, Alex Georgiev wrote:
> Dear whitebox-users,
>
> Considering (very seriously after I heard the news
> for the upcoming http://kde-redhat.sf.net/ support for
> WBEL) migration from debian stable to WBEL,
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1. Is there support for cryptoloop in the stock WBEL/RHEL
> kernel? I really need encrypted file systems.

It's built in modulair from looking at the kernel configs.

> 2. What is the average time needed for a RHEL security update
> to get available to WBEL repository users?

>From what I observed the WBEL RPM's are usually there in one or two days.
However you can also grab RHEL SRPM's and build your own RPM's, which means
there's no delay at all. Building those updates is a piece of cake, involving
just one or two commands.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree        | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions | http://www.vanree.net