[WBEL-users] Cryptoloop in stock WBEL kernel? Average time for security updates to get available?

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:40:34 -0500

> >>2. What is the average time needed for a RHEL security update
> >>to get available to WBEL repository users?
> >
> > Variable depending on my load average, from a few hours to a week in some
> > pathological cases.  Non-security fixes like U1 took a little longer.
> >

> I do not care for UI fixes, but security updates do bother me.
> Is it possible one to make an automated system,
> that checks redhat servers for new SRPMS,
> downolads, recompiles and places them into the repository folder?
> Or not all packages can be treated like that ( new kernels I assume
> will be a problem)?

Since this isn't RHEL, John has to look at the files in question
concerning RedHat trademark issues (to be able to re-distibute WBEL).  I
would think an automated system would be way to risky....

You can always get on the RHEL watchlist (
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/enterprise-watch-list ) and then
build your own SRPMS updates for items you don't want to wait on.