[WBEL-users] Cyrus-IMAP on Whitebox

Edward Rudd eddie@omegaware.com
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:05:27 -0500

> Anyone using Cyrus-IMAP on whitebox ?
> If so any clue as to how to do it very welcome

Download Simon Matter's RPMS from
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/

I'd suggest upgrading cyrus-sasl as well. But make sure you download the
RH9 source rpm (src.rpm) for cyrus-sasl, as WBEL/RHEL3 is closest to RH9
in terms of core Berkeley DB.
You will need to recompile his RPMS as he provides no binaries.
Make sure you have the db4-devel package installed as well as the core
building utilities (gcc, make, autoconf, automake, glibc-devel). And you
will need rh-postgresql-devel and mysql-devel packages if you are going
to compile the new Cyrus SASL.

rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-2.src.rpm
and
rpmbuild --rebuild cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-8.src.rpm

Then install the i386 rpms created in the /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
directory.

You shouldn't need to worry about recompiling the DB4 at all. I am
running this on a 650 Athlon w/ wbel3 and having no problems. (read the
note on simon's cyrus-imapd page about DB4 issues with NPTL kernels)