[WBEL-users] WB crash and Dell OMSA

Karl-König Königsson karl-konig.q.konigsson@posten.se
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:36:23 +0200

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2600 on which I am running WhiteBox. I am still
in the configuration stage as this box is to replace an old Mandrake
installation that has been in service for four years.

I had the most interesting crash the other day which scared me: I was
backing up the system to a LTO tape drive and all of a sudden went the
machine totally limb. I don't know what happened, there were no traces
in the logs; it just died on me.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting the Dell OMSA package installed and
wanted to see if anyone else is using this on their servers. Any tips on
installation and suchlikes are most welcome.

Oh, and if anyone can help me shed som light on the crash I'd be more
than thankful. Ample compensation, like insane wealth, virgins or
promises of firstborns can be discussed... :-)

Cheers!

    Karl-Koenig Koenigsson

--
Karl-Koenig Koenigsson, CM Pablo