[WBEL-users] kde-3.2.2 for EL 3.0

Joe Ammann joe@pyx.ch
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:06:39 +0200

On Monday 19 April 2004 19.53, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
[..]

> OK, kde-3.2.2 packages for EL 3.0 are in our testing repositories.
> After ~7+ days of not hearing any showstopping bugs, I'll move things to
> stable.
>
> See
> http://kde-redhat.sf.net/
> For apt/yum templates for accessing our repository.

First thanks! I installed it with the "usual" problems of KDE 3.2 on
RedHat :-) Looks and works great!

But a little gotcha: My goal was to keep WBEL as clean as possible from other
software, while being able to use KDE 3.2. So I tried to just add your KDE
repository to the official WBEL one.

Of course, this didn't work out because KDE 3.2 needs a few newer multimedia
type packages (jasper, libmal, trm, fribidi, etc.) These are neither in the
KDE nor the WBEL repositories. So I had to add (temporarily) several other
Fedora Repositories to fetch all required software. But then of course I
couldn't run a simple upgrade anymore, because it would also have upgraded
several packages that I wanted to keep at the WBEL release.

Would it make sense to add just those required packages to the kde-redhat for
RH/WBEL3 repository?

CU, Joe