[WBEL-users] Eadem Enterprise is awesome!

alex66@colba.net alex66@colba.net
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 09:39:17PM -0600, Will Senn wrote:
>> C'mon, what's with the troll? Whitebox, KDE and Gnome are buggy? You've
>> been using eadem as your enterprise OS for how long now?
>>
>> Alright, it might be worth trying eadem, but your reasoning is a bit
>> weak.
>
> Which reasoning? All of the below features I can have with WBEL.
> Yum, apt, Fluxbox, Blackbox,...
>
> And the definition of worhtless is a little weak as well. I find up2date
> worthless. I also find blackbox worthless (Gnome rules! scnr)
>
> regards
> Klaus
>
> [...cut the orig eMail which was at the bottom...]
>
> --
> Klaus Zahradnik
> Sysadmin/CTO
>
> iNet Gruppe
> Neudörflerstrasse 2
> 2700 Wiener Neustadt
>
> T: +43 (0)2622 244 80
> F: +43 (0)2622 244 80 20
> I: www.inetgruppe.at

Relax Mr Klaus, It was just a comment, and then people got involved. I
personally don't care if you use eadem, whitebox  or unixware. This is my
last email about this subject before my last remark. Reality is, that the
force of linux is not an user friendly gui. If you are looking for user
frienly interfaces just get windows xp.- Microsoft fonts, guis, and click
and drag file manager are well above kde and gnome. And the last decision
in gnome to make gtk fonts antialised just made things worst and ogly.
Enterprise software is to meant stable and reliable before been user
frienly. Real time systems, time sharing sytems are an example of this.
The beauty and power of linux is that is matching enterprise standards and
is free. The day will come when linux will have a more professinal
desktop, but the time is not now, so take the best from Linux.

Alex D
Electrical Engineer -- Not sales man
Canada, Ontario