[WBEL-users] Eadem Enterprise is awesome!

Van Loggins vloggins@turbocorp.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:10:03 -0400

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:54:00 -0500

Rene Herrero <rherrero@sympatico.ca> Wrote:

> I've been using White Box Linux until recently and
> although I think they did a great job with the OS there
> are still quite a few serious bugs, most noticeably the
> RPM database.
>
> Reading through the mailing list I came across the "little
> discussion" about Eadem Enterprise and decided to give it
> a try (had an extra 20GB of free space on my hard drive).
> I was IMPRESSED!  The people at Eadem removed all the
> worthless stuff in the Red Hat distribution.  The most
> noticeable change is the removal of KDE and GNOME which
> are very slow, buggy and terribly ugly.  It is the first
> Linux distribution I've seen that uses BlackBox and I have
> to say: it is damn good.  Sure it doesn't have all the
> options that KDE and Gnome have, but it is fast, stable
> and looks awesome.
>
> Since I installed Eadem I haven't used White Box anymore.
> The up2date system works flawlessly to get updates or if
> you want to install the junk that Eadem removed from the
> Red Hat distribution (that's right, the distribution is
> stripped down but you can still get the removed
> "cellulite").  It also has the YUM which is very good.
>
> I know that some people are going to get offended after
> reading this (someone always does) but I'd like to point
> out that I'm in no way trying to bash White Box Linux.  On
> the contrary, I think they did a great job.  The reason I
> believe that Eadem has an edge over White Box is that they
> seem to focus more on quality than quantity (hint hint).
> The only fault seen until now is the Eula file which is
> trivial in my opinion.

Rene you are entitled to your opinion, and if you aren't
happy with Whitebox Enterprise Linux you are definately
welcome to switch to another distribution.

However, having said that I think I speak for all of the
other List members when I ask you and everyone else to stop posting non
whitebox linux related topics to this mailing list.

I personally use Fedora Core 1 on several systems, and I
also run Libranet 2.8.1 on my Laptop but I also think
Whitebox Linux is very useful and I have it installed on 2
systems at my home. I haven't posted much to this list, but
you can be sure I won't be posting questions relating to
fedora core 1 or libranet 2.8.1 to this list, nor will I be
shamelessly promoting them like you have been doing with
Eadem.

I hope I don't offend you with this post, but this is how I feel on the subject.

just my 2 cents on the subject.

Van Loggins

--
Van Loggins        vloggins@turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator - ESC Dept