[WBEL-users] Is WBEL self hosting

John Morris jmorris@beau.lib.la.us
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:33:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Pete Stevens wrote:

> Secondly, from a discussion in the pub last night someone told me that
> WBEL wasn't self hosting, however I was under the impression it was. The
> website suggests it was originally built on Taroon-beta - is everything now
> built on WBEL instead?

RC1 was built on taroon-beta.  Then RC1 was used as the platform to build
RC2.  Finally, RC2 was used to build the 3.0 final, mostly just to confirm
the self-hosting ability.  gettext is the exception, the copy that shipped
in 3.0 is the copy built on taroon-beta.  Apparently I succeeded in
getting a JDK correctly installed that go and failed later.  At least that
is the word I got on the list from one of the cAos guys.  Still haven't
tried rolling that one again, but I suspect they are right.

Everything you need to rebuild is on the CDs except a JDK.  If you add in
Oracle (which I plan to do for the upcoming respin since it is a free
download for a developers version) you should be able to get tora to build
with Oracle support like RHEL's copy does.

--
John M.      http://www.beau.org/~jmorris        This post is 100% M$ Free!