[WBEL-users] KDE vs. Gnome

Klaus Zahradnik klaus.zahradnik@sysinet.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:25:39 +0200

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

On Mit, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:07:45 -0500, Jason Fahr wrote:
>    O.k. just want to get a little input from everyone. I have been=20
> trying to decide which desktop to use, KDE or Gnome. They both have=20
> wonderful features, but still which one to use? Does anyone have input=20
> about to benifits from one to another?

I like gnome on my workstattion. In gnome-terminal you can switch the encod=
ing real easy
between ISO... and UTF-8. Which is - beeing a shell person - really
neat! :)
And you can navigate the virtual desktops easier, I think.
<ctrl>+<alt>+arrow keys...=20

Those are the only features I need. Am I weird?
*goes and optimzes a db*

>    Bye the way, my opinion on all the WBEL vs. everything else out=20
> there, is that this is a great package and I am extatic to have it. We=20
> have to keep in mind that many hours were put into creating this=20
> distribution and that the people that use WBEL are more than helpful=20
> with helping others out. Its time to give thanks to the people that gave=
=20
> us this distribution. So thanks!

Yes, thanks!

Klaus